Then we did some face painting and waited outside for the parade to start. Tracy and her family came over to watch the parade with us and Tera and her family were also in town to celebrate with us. The kids just loved the parade. It was a fun one with a few bands and lots and lots of candy for the kids! They were in heaven!

After the parade we went over to Tracy and Steve's house for a BBQ. Corban wasn't feeling well and had a fever, so Bump stayed home with him and Quincy (who took a really good nap!) I left him with lots of potato salad, so he was just fine! We had great food! BBQ, potato salad, corn on the cob (which was Gabby's very favorite thing!) homemade ice cream and watermelon - now what's more American than that?? Steve also let the girls all have a ride on his horse. Gabby loved riding the horse!
That night was so nice! We just got to sit in our front yard and had a perfect view of the fireworks across the street at the high school. I was able to lay Quincy down at a decent time and relax on the front lawn with the kids. We didn't have to deal with traffic or crowds, just laid on the lawn looking at the stars with the kids until the fireworks started. They were really great too! And when they ended Tracy brought her kids over and they lit some fountains for us on our front walkway. The kids thought those were as cool as the big fireworks in the sky!
4 comments:
Erin, I had such a good time! Thanks so much for having us over.
It seems like you have the cooest house in town! I feel lke we missed out on the best 4th of July party in the whole wide world. lol Love ya, glad you guys had so much fun!!
Can we come to your house next year. I think that is where all the fun was!
Man we missed out. That sounded like so much fun. Your house is just perfect for that. I also loved all the flags on the front. Your home looks beautiful.
Post a Comment