Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Construction Day 3



First they did the small roof section under the front dormer window.


Then they finished up the rest of the east side of the house.



Another guy came and hauled away the big dumpster that has been in our driveway since Monday. It's amazing how long it takes to load this thing on the truck. Cars weren't too happy that he was blocking the road, but all they had to do was turn around and go through Soelberg's parking lot. It was pretty cool to watch.

So, the end of day 3 and half of our house has been stripped, new plywood placed and tar paper placed on it. It's looking pretty good!

I talked with the roofers today and one guy said that this is the part that takes the longest (obviously) and once they get the other side done they can shingle the whole house in 1 day!! Yippee!! We're getting close!!

Tracy was heading up to Logan today for something for work and asked if I needed anything taken to Tera. I told her to take a child. So, Gabby is up in Logan for a few days to play with her cousins. I feel bad, because I feel like I need to be here for the roofers, but I don't want the kids playing outside because of the roofers either, so the kids are pretty stir crazy. This will be a nice break for Gabby and for me. She has a tendency to rile the other two kids up and so this will make everything better for at least a few days! Corban doesn't mind staying inside, but Gabby goes a bit crazy being inside too much!! Thanks so much, Tera and Tracy!!

3 comments:

ronandgus said...

And the Big Bad Wolf traveled next to Grantsville. He knock on the door and cryed, Little Pig, Little Pig let me come it". Gabby said, "No Way, you'll have to blow our house down". So he Puffed and he Huffed & Puffed again and with his last puff you could hear him say, to tough for me I need a Neilsen milkshake. That was the last we saw of him. It's working, Press On.
Grandie Gussie

Tracy Collings said...

Gabby is such a hoot, she was a fun companion to take up to Logan.
Tracy

Unknown said...

I love watching your progreaa. Your home is so beautiful. I can't wait to see what happens next.