Monday, May 21st
I got a call yesterday asking if I could come help with the PTA field day at school. My friend, Lyndsay was kind enough to watch Corban and Quincy for me so that I could go help out. It ended up being the hottest day of the year (in the low 90's) and I was feeling it. I got my calves, shins and the tops of my feet sunburned as well as one ear and my neck. And I lost my voice from yelling directions for a few hours. But, the kids had fun and I was glad to get to help out. I took this picture right at the beginning before all of the classes arrived onto the field. Once it started I didn't have a break.
Tuesday, May 22nd
Gabby's teacher asked if I could chaperone their class walking field trip on Tuesday morning. We left first thing in the morning and had a great experience touring Soelberg's Market and seeing behind the scenes how a grocery store works. I got all of the girls again, just like the last field trip, but this time my nemesis was absent. I can't believe what a difference one child can make. The kids got all kinds of snacks and treats and had a fabulous time. The bakery showed them how they decorate cakes and made one that said Happy Birthday Mrs. Didericksen. It is her birthday tomorrow and the kids all sang to her and got a piece of cake back at the school. She has been such a great teacher! I can't even express what a difference she has made to all of the kids in her class this year. Gabby was so lucky to have her!
Wednesday, May 23rd
Today was Quincy's last day at Bee Bright Preschool. She completely excelled at school and can hardly wait until Kindergarten starts in the fall. I had to include this picture that she drew on the front of her packet and what she said: "I am special because I like persons and I be good."
Thursday, May 24th
We have had a nest of birds living in the wall right by our bed. They have been my early morning alarm clock for weeks now and even though they drove me crazy I couldn't destroy the nest until the babies were gone. Well, they finally flew away and Bump was up there right after work covering the hole so that no more birds would use it. It amazes me how incredibly noisy those little things were! Now we just need to make the back of the house look a little bit nicer instead of pieced together wood covering up holes that birds would love to live in. . .
Friday, May 25th
Gabby woke up this morning with a fever and had to miss her last day of 2nd grade! I went over to the school in the afternoon and picked up her final things. She found out that she will have Mrs. McKeever next year and her 3 very best BFF's will be in her class. That made her sick day ok.
I also took Fin and Fly to the vet this afternoon. They both got shots and checked out ok. They get along great and love to play together. We just have to make sure Fin doesn't get too excited and eat her or something. I think they will be great friends some day.
Saturday, May 26th
I got new flags for my front porch. Today I got them all out and ironed the creases out of them to get ready for Memorial Day on Monday. Then when I went to put them on their poles I realized that I am missing pieces and only have 3 out of 5 that can be used. I need to figure out what to do about that. For now I guess I will just be hanging 2 flags up on Monday.
Sunday, May 27th
Today was a good, relaxing day. I love Sunday's so much! Corban asked me to take a picture of him with Fly, so I did. School's out and summer officially begins for us tomorrow!


1 comment:
I still can't believe that Quincy and TJ will be in the same grade. It seems crazy. But I know Quincy will excel. She's so smart!
Post a Comment