Monday, May 7, 2012

YIP - Week 16

Monday, April 30th
Today I got to go on a field trip with Gabby's class to the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy.  I had all the girls in my group.  They are the nicest and sweetest girls except for one.  It's amazing how one child can completely ruin your day.  I won't go into details about this little girl, but she can't listen and I kept losing her the entire day and it made me a stress case.  I was so grouchy by the time I got home that my poor kids couldn't do anything right.  We went on a nice walk for FHE so I could cool my jets and take some deep breaths.  I am so sad that Gabby's sweet teacher has to deal with this child on a daily basis.  I couldn't do it.

Gabby and her "BFF" Brittany on the bus.
Waiting in line outside the aquarium.  My trouble maker is right in the front.
 Gabby made me take a lot of pictures of the penguins to show Quincy because she knows how much Quincy loves penguins.
 All the girls minus one who had run off somewhere again.

 Tuesday, May 1st
This picture was taken a few months ago, but I was working on Gabby and Parlee's baptism programs for a lot of my day today and this is the picture for the front, so I am posting it for today.

Wednesday, May 2nd
Today Bump got to go to the hospital and have a colonoscopy.  He hasn't been able to eat much in the last month or so because his stomach hurts him so badly and he always has bowel issues.  He went in last week and had a CT scan where they found some inflammation in his intestines and wanted to check them out more thoroughly.  This is Bump before his procedure.
 And this is Bump after his procedure.  He couldn't stop laughing.  Everything was funny to him.  What wasn't funny was what the doctor told us.  He has some ulcers on his colon and took several biopsies to see what we are dealing with.  Hopefully it is just caused by the amount of ibuprofen that Bump has been taking because of his neck.  The doctor told him to stop all ibuprofen and he would call us next week to let us know if there is something more that we need to do once the biopsy results come back.  Other than that the inflammation that the CT scan showed was nowhere to be found.  His stomach and intestines look great.  

Thursday, May 3rd
Today I baked zucchini bread for Saturday.  And I cleaned my house.  I didn't take a picture.

Friday, May 4th
Today Quincy celebrated her pretend birthday at school since she has a summer birthday.  She is going to turn 5 so soon!

 Saturday, May 5th
Today was Gabby's baptism.  We were able to have a double baptism with Gabby's cousin Parlee in Centerville.  It was such a neat day!  I will have a separate post all about it.  Both girls looked beautiful in their new white dresses!

2 comments:

Tera said...

The girls really do look beautiful. What a special day for two special cousins. Poor Bump. I hope everything works out for him. I love reading your blog. I'm so, so happy you are doing the year in pictures. So fun!

Nicole said...

What is sweeter than those two beautiful girls holding hands in their white dresses! Hope Bump is feeling better soon.

(My nemesis is also a little girl. Dude! She totally pushes my buttons.)