Monday, May 14th
Tonight for FHE we decided to build ships like Nephi. I let the kids get creative and then we were going to go to the reservoir to float them, but Bump decided to save the drive and float them down the gutter. It was funny how the kids were very worried about the dirty gutter. Bump and I floated things in the gutter growing up and didn't think anything of it. We took the hose and cleared out the gutter the best we could and then kept it on while we tried to float our various ships. The water wasn't deep enough for most of our creations, so we ended up with little tin foil bowls and followed our boats all the way down the street. Corban found a plastic lid of some sort that worked the very best. Gabby tried a soda bottle top and it did pretty great too. We had a fun time and good baths afterward.
Tuesday, May 15th
Our chicks aren't so little any more. We are trying to figure out how to integrate them in with the big chickens this week. We have them in a cage out by the other chickens and the big girls really want to attack these little ones. We'll see how it goes. Maybe they aren't quite big enough yet.
Wednesday, May 16th
The grass needed a bit of water and the so did Quincy on this hot day. It's starting to feel an awfully lot like summer already. I think we are in for a hot one this year. Today I put all the red couch cushions back together after stripping them down. I had to re-sew them back on and did not do as good of a job as my mom did, but at least my couch is clean, smells good, and is put back together again.
Thursday, May 17th
I was determined to wash my windows today. I have wanted to do them since we did Bump's parents windows for Mother's Day. So, I did all I could this morning and then when Bump got home he got the giant, heavy ladder out and helped to finish all that I couldn't get to. I forget how bright and happy clean windows make me feel. I can see out them so clearly now. It's like when you first get glasses how you can see everything so well and you didn't realize that you had a problem before. My windows are clean. I am happy.
Friday, May 18th
It rained today. It rained a lot today. My clean windows are not quite as clean on some windows, but they are still better than they were and I am not going to let it bother me because my plants really needed that good rain storm.
Tonight I had a girls game night at my house and a farewell party for a great family in our ward that are moving to Colorado. Of course I didn't take one picture of the entire night, so I went on Lori's facebook page and stole this picture of her family. We will really miss them! Especially Eliza, who is our fabulous babysitter.
Saturday, May 19th
I got a few of the extra geraniums that the ward gave out for Mother's day that I still needed to plant. So, we got those in the ground as well as the rest of the petunias that we bought last week. We also planted our veggie garden today. We have some tomato, zucchini, cucumber, pumpkins, peppers, tomatillos, watermelon and yellow crookneck squash. Where did we put them all you might ask? We got creative and have plated them all around our yard in different flower beds besides what could fit in the garden. We'll see how it goes. I think it's time to get a bigger garden.
We also hosted our last babysitting co-op night tonight. Of course I didn't take any pictures of that either. It's been a lot of fun, but this summer will be busy and we decided to take a break.
Sunday, May 20th
What a day! Today was ward conference and I had something to do in every hour of church as well as substituting for the ward choir leader after church. I woke up with a phone call from the Young Women's president asking if I was coming to go over the song in Young Women's that we were singing in Sacrament meeting today. I was confused as to why she was asking me if I was coming until I looked at the clock on my phone and it said 9:03 am. Church started at 9:00. I totally slept in!! I just about died! My alarm didn't go off and I didn't even hear Bump get up and leave for his early meetings. I told her that I was sorry and thanks for waking me up (I have never done that before!) and to practice without me, but I would be there to lead them in Sacrament Meeting for our performance. I then rushed in and woke up all 3 kids who were still asleep at 9:00, that is a miracle in itself, my kids never sleep in! I called Bump who ran home from his meetings to help me get kids ready. I got myself ready, kids ready and fed and were out the door at 9:30. I was teaching Gospel Doctrine and had to make some copies and grab some pictures for class. I walked in and taught just like nothing had ever happened wrong. Yet I was shaking from the stress of not being there when I needed to be. Of course a member of the Stake Presidency was in my class as well as a few other stake leaders because of ward conference. The lesson went well, the girls sang a 3 part song beautifully in Sacrament Meeting, choir practice went well and even though I looked like a thrown together mess things were a success. I just hate to think of what would have happened if I hadn't gotten that phone call!
The day ended with us going to visit some friends in Erda and coming home with one of their farm cat's kittens. Yes, now we have a dog, 6 chickens and now a cat. Bump wanted one to get the mice that are hanging around the chicken food, etc. She's a cutie, but I know nothing about kittens/cats, so this should be fun. Luckily she isn't even phased by the dog and other then wanting to try to play rough with her the dog seems ok. I think they'll be great friends. She keeps trying to cuddle up to Fin, but he can't seem to relax with her very well yet. We'll see. We named her Fly.



1 comment:
Man! I need to wash my windows. I can't believe the difference it made for you.
Eeek! The world must be coming to an end. You have a cat... (cue music) Dum, dum, dum...
Post a Comment