Sunday, June 5, 2016

Personal Thoughts

Earlier this week my nephew and his wife lost their baby.  She died at 25 weeks and weighed about a pound.  Little Allie Collings was buried at the Lake Point Utah Cemetery.  I am so sorry for Steve and Sarah and the heartbreak they are feeling at this time.



As I thought about them and what they were going through my heart was taken back to 12 years ago when we experienced the same heart break at finding out our little Adara had died at 29 weeks.  The experiences that we had at that time are some of the most powerful spiritual experiences of my life and I can say now that I am grateful for the experience.  I have never felt the veil so thin as I held her in my arms.  It cemented my testimony in the fact that this life is not the end and I know that she will be waiting for me when I finish my earthly test. 

I hate that Steve and Sarah have to go through this trial with their first pregnancy.  I hope that they can gain comfort through the knowledge that they will see her again, just as I did.  I still have my sad days wondering what it would have been like to have the twins, but I don't dwell on it.  I was blessed with too many tender mercies at the time of my pregnancy and beyond that don't allow me to dwell in any darkness.  When I think of Adara, I only think of hope and light and blessings that I will continue to receive until I can see her again.  What could have been a dark time in my life is one that I remember only with love, peace, and eternal happiness.  This may not make sense to most people, but it's what I feel and what I believe.  

Death is not the end.  Our spirits are eternal.  I know that there is a God who watches out for all of us.  He is our eternal Father and knows just exactly what experiences we need to go through in our lives to help us to stretch and grow. I wouldn't trade my experiences with anyone else's and I am grateful for this trial in my life, but I really don't look at it as a trial any more.  It's a blessing that helped me to grow and become closer to my Heavenly Father.









1 comment:

Tera said...

My heart aches for Sarah and Steve. I love reading your testimony. You are so good and strong. I'm grateful to have you as an example in my life. You always look for the good. I really needed to read this today. Thank you!