The first two weeks of July
July was a terrible month for taking pictures, so I am just playing catch up now and putting a few things down that happened. We always love the 4th of July. This year was not our usual group and I didn't get a group picture this time. Jeremy and Jen stayed in Kaysville since Keaton was in their parade for Student Council. Jared and Casi obviously wanted to stay close to home and be able to spend time with Brig at the hospital. So we had Tracy and Steve with no kids and Bump's cousin Annalee and her 3 boys come and watch the parade with us. Ann and her boys stayed for the day and we had a BBQ and just chilled. The boys didn't want to leave, so Ann took off and the boys ended up spending the night and playing video games. Bump drove them home in the morning on his way to work.
That same day after driving Ann's boys home we had a really big rain storm. We have needed rain for a long time and it was a welcome relief. But since it hadn't rained in well over a month there was a lot of oil from the road in the water on the roads. Bump ended up hydroplaning in the Saturn and slammed into the side of the freeway and totalled the car. The Saturn has been good to us. It had 240,000 miles on it and was 12 years old. We knew that it was going to die on us at any time. I'm thankful that Bump wasn't hurt.
So, the next week we ended up getting our new car. Welcome Mr. Mazda 3 to the family. We ended up getting a really great deal on this brand new car and it is Bump's affordable dream car. He has hands free Bluetooth features and a great Bose sound system. Plus it gets over 40 miles per gallon and one fill up lasts 500 miles, so it's great for his commute. He is happy with it and I am happy that he's in a safe car that he loves.
We have discovered over the last month of having cousins over at our house for long periods of time that Ed has a thing for shoes and gloves. Every time I see him he is in a different pair of shoes. Today he chose Quincy's church sandals and they fit him perfectly. He was looking pretty cute with his girly sandals, army vehicle and cordless drill. I love this kid!
It's always a challenge figuring out something that all the kids will like and eat for dinner. Tonight I made Cauliflower and Wisconsin Cheddar soup. The kids ate it up and most of them even had seconds. Oh yeah! Whose the queen of the kitchen? Me.

1 comment:
4th of July at your house in Grantsville is the best! I hope we get to celebrate it there again soon.
Your new car is so pretty. I'm just glad that Bump was not hurt. Scary stuff!
I wish I knew Casi's boys better. They are so cute and getting so big. Good updates!
Post a Comment