I had to do a post all about this little guy. I stole these pictures from Casi's facebook page mostly. This little guy is the reason that I have got to spend so much time with his brothers and sisters this summer. Jared and Casi have had such a roller coaster ride dealing with having a preemie with additional issues. It seems like just when things are going well and he seems to be progressing something happens and he gets sick or takes a turn and things go down hill for a bit.
After Brig got sick and they thought he had RSV the kids weren't allowed to see him any more. But Brig's bed is right by a window, so Jared and Casi go permission to let the kids see their brother through the window. This is the first time that the boys got to see Brig.
Casi's friend was able to come and take some nice pictures of him in the hospital.
I think that little onesie is just perfect!
Here's one example of Brig becoming so sick that they had to do a spinal tap to see if he had meningitis. He didn't and they didn't know what was up with him. His white blood cell count was really down and nobody could figure out what was wrong.
Then he went from that to doing great and being completely off of oxygen for a few days. This is what he looked like when I went to see him a week ago last Sunday. He was eating good and growing and it looked like he would be home before too much longer.
Then he got sick again. He had to go back on oxygen and wasn't eating well.
The doctors decided that it must be related to his heart and decided to transfer him to Primary Children's Hospital and prep him for heart surgery. Here he is going for his first car ride. Wide awake and looking around at everything.
Jared and Casi's roller coaster is not over yet. When he got to Primary Children's the doctors decided he didn't need heart surgery yet and not only that but they decided to go ahead and send Brig home. They discharged him on Saturday and he is now home with his family. Jared and Casi are still in shock that he is actually home and wonder what will happen next. His white blood cell count is still low, but we keep praying and hopefully this little boy will bulk up and stay strong so he can stay home where he should be.
1 comment:
I feel so far away when I read about these things. Thanks for sharing the story and for keeping me updated. Love you!
Post a Comment