June 24th - July 1st
We have been trying to integrate our chicks into the flock and it hasn't been going very well. We are finally just letting them be and hope they can fend for themselves. Well, any time Bump walks by the chicken coop this little girl, MaryAnn, flies right up to him and lands on his shoulder to escape. It's always a surprise and pretty funny to watch.
The primary elections were on Tuesday. I love that I get to vote. We have a guy in our ward (he's Bump's first counselor in Young Men's) that is running for a seat in the state house of representatives. I love voting when people I know personally are involved.
We had a few more days of cousin time this week. I usually end up taking Jared's kids for a few days at a time during the week. Today the kids played in the new sprinkler toy that Grandma Wright left for them. It was a hit! I don't know what my kids will do when they don't get to see their cousins as often as they have been able to this summer.
Friday morning we left for Currant Creek Reservoir to meet up with the McMillans and camp for the weekend. It has become a yearly tradition now and it is so much fun! The fishing didn't seem as fast as last year when we camped earlier in the season, but everyone caught fish still. Here is Quincy's giant fish. She was the first one to catch anything.
I came up to meet everyone along the shore after dropping the boat trailer and saw this beautiful picture of Bump and some of the kids in the drift boat. It was perfection.
Everyone had a good time fishing. Here is CJ and Sierra.
CJ and Corban
Bump making Gabby kiss her fish before she released it.
The nice thing about camping with the McMillans is that Jen makes everything so much fun for the kids. She reminds me of my mom. This year she brought some face paint and the older girls painted the younger girls faces. She also brought some cupcakes for the kids to decorate like cookie monster. They were darling and the kids had so much fun. She also had fruit loop necklaces for each of the kids to make and snack on while they were fishing. She is a great mom and made this trip so much fun for all the kids.
One thing that's fun about the McMillans is that each of my kids has a buddy to hang out with.
Gabby and Sierra.
Quincy and Skye
Corban and Carter







1 comment:
This post screams SUMMER! With the sprinklers and the camping trip and even the chickens. It makes me think of our childhood in Woods Cross.
I hope we get to do family fishing/camping trips with you when we are back in the states. Just know that I'm already planning on it.
Post a Comment