My brother, Dave, lives in L.A. and married a UCLA alumni, Julie, and therefore has become a Bruins fan. Last year when BYU played UCLA at UCLA we drove down and had a blast tailgating at the Rose Bowl with Dave and a lot of Julies extended family. We also got tickets to the Las Vegas Bowl and saw BYU play UCLA again in a great game last winter!

This year Dave was supposed to come to Provo and watch the BYU vs UCLA game last Saturday, but because of a triathlon that he was in on Sunday he couldn't make it. That did not stop him from making his presence known in Utah!
He worked out with a couple of old high school friends to come and decorate my little brother, Jared's, house during the night before the game.

I don't think that the pictures do it justice! There was UCLA blue and gold confetti all over his driveway and on his front porch. UCLA balloons were taped all over the front of his house, on his mailbox and even on the light post in front of his house. They also used sidewalk chalk and drew things like "#1 UCLA Fan this way," with an arrow to the front door. The garage had a big UCLA Bruin Fat Head on it and this big banner was tied to his front porch.
Anyone who knows Jared knew that it was a big joke, but others didn't look too happy to have all this UCLA decoration in front of his house in BYU territory! It was a great suprise and made things a little easier to not have Dave there watching the game with us. I think that he was glad that he didn't make the trek once he saw the final score - 59 to 0!!! Gooooo Cougars!! What a great game!
4 comments:
Poor David!!
I think Jared's house looked FANTASTIC! Just be glad I talked Dave out of using the gold and blue metallic paint! Glad the game went your way....well not really, but I am glad that you guys had fun! Love, Julie
I am a BYU fan and married a huge BYU fan, so the game on Sat. was sweet.
I love what your Dave did to Jareds house, hilarious. My hubby really isn't into the blogging thing and wonders about the time it take out of my life, but this post I will definately make him read, he'll love it.
Too Funny!
Post a Comment