For years Grantsville 1st graders participated in the First Grade Circus. It was cute and it was a really big deal. Gabby was in the very last official First Grade Circus (see here) before the new Grantsville Elementary was built and the schools were split. Some Grantsville natives tried to put an unofficial one together last year after school hours and it didn't go very well.
This year Willow Elementary was approved to do a new 1st Grade program. It was really cute and Corban loved being in it! It was all about our world, our country, our state and our community.
Can you find Corban? Here's a hint. He's one of the short ones (imagine that) and so he's on the front row.
He is such a performer! He was all smiles and was very aware when he saw my camera out and pointed at him.
Each first grader was in one special number and then singing every song in the chorus while others performed. Here is a little line dance number (we do live in Grantsville) and Corban's group is in the background getting ready to come on in their Utah Jazz jerseys.
Their song was "This is the Place" and these boys did a dance holding their basketballs. Corban was very aware of what he was supposed to be doing and helped one of the boys next to him know when he was supposed to move also. :) Corban said that the other boy kept forgetting in the morning performance for the rest of the classes, so he helped him in the afternoon performance.
At the end of their dance they all get in this group and do their little ending pose. Corban took his time and made sure that his ball was facing the right direction so everyone could read "Jazz" on his ball. What a little perfectionist. I wonder where he gets that? Hmmmmm.
Here's Corb with his best buddy Luke Hancock. These are great kids and I'm glad that Corban has such good friends.
I have to laugh at this picture of Corban with his teacher. I grabbed her after the performance and got a couple of pictures of the two of them. When I looked afterward I got one with her eyes closed (the one I'm posting) or one where she started to talk and her face looks hilarious. So, she would hate both of these, but what are you going to do?
Mrs. Painter is an amazing teacher and so sweet, kind and patient with these little 1st graders. It has been a pleasure to have her as Corban's teacher this year. I know he has sure grown by leaps and bounds thanks to her.
1 comment:
That's a great idea for a program...I may have to use that next year. :)
Post a Comment