Sunday, April 22, 2012

YIP - Week 14

Monday, April 16th
Today Bump came home with a surprise for me.  He said to tell everyone that he got it for me for graduation.  It was actually a gift from his brother for our family.  It was a great surprise though and I am using it right now.  I am getting better at using Mac's now, but it's definitely a learning process!

Tuesday, April 17th
Remember how our mailbox looked last week?  Well today we fixed it.  It's good to have a mailbox up off the ground again.  I am sure that the mail man is thankful too.

Wednesday, April 18th
Today I sent Quincy out to get the eggs.  She came back in and said that there was something strange that I needed to see.  So, I walked out to the chicken coop with her and found all of these eggs.  Notice the little tiny one?  Yes, it's a little tiny egg in with all the others.  I looks just like our chicken eggs only tiny.  I have never seen anything like this before.  I'm afraid to crack it and see what it looks like inside.

 Thursday, April 19th
This is my graduation present from Bump.  After he cannibalized my mission bike just after we were married I have not bothered to buy a new one.  Well, it's so fun that our kids are all getting to the age where we can go on family bike rides.  The problem was that Bump could go out with the kids, but I couldn't go with them.  We decided that needed to be changed and he bought me this little thing.  I really like it!  It feels good, it wasn't expensive and it's great for getting around with the kids.  We can finally have a family bike ride!  I love that!

Friday, April 20th
Remember our cute baby chicks?  Well, they are so cute and little any more.  This week I put them outside for the first time in their own separate cage.  I still bring them in at night, but they seem to enjoy all the sights and sounds of the backyard while they are out there.  I don't dare let them explore the yard yet, they are really fast!

Saturday, April 21st
Today after many years (Snow College in 1994, mission, marriage, moving several times, having 3 kids, and starting at USU Tooele) I finally got my Associates Degree today.  To some people it might not seem like a very big deal, but for me it's a sweet day.  It's something that I have always known I would do and things just never worked out right for me to be able to do it until now.  I am not done yet, but I am done for now.  I have a wonderful supportive husband who made it possible for me to get this goal accomplished.  It was a good day.


1 comment:

Nicole said...

You ARE a big deal for doing school with all the other life happening for you. Congratulations!