Sunday, April 15, 2012

YIP Week 13

Monday, April 9th
You know that pedicure that I was so happy with last week?  Well I lost all the white part off of my big toe today.  Dang it!  

Tuesday, April 10th
This evening Bump looked out the front window and called me to see what was going on out in front of our house.  I looked out to see 2 police cars and 5 paramedic/ambulance/fire vehicles in front of our house.  I walked out on the front porch and noticed a black car where my mailbox was supposed to be. A very nice man asked if I owned the house and I said yes.  He shook my hand and said that he was the guy who took out my mailbox.  He told me what had happened.  A car had hit a bicyclist and he swerved to miss the accident and over corrected right into our mailbox.  Everyone was ok.  It's always exciting to live on Main street!

Wednesday, April 11th
Quincy enjoying the break in the rain storms while waiting for the kids after school.

Thursday, April 12th
Gabby lost her final front baby tooth, next it's the molars.  She had to leave the tooth fairy a note explaining what happened with her last lost tooth on Easter weekend.  I thought it was so cute that I took a picture of it.  She even taped a baby carrot to the note so the tooth fairy could have a healthy snack on her journey.


Friday, April 13th
My neighbor moved this weekend.  She was an odd thing who could talk to spirits and believed that her house was built on an old indian burial ground.  The indians would talk to her and tell her to find arrowheads out in the field behind our houses.  She made displays of those "arrowheads" and tried to sell them to me.  Interestingly they looked an awful lot like rocks and she had whole piles of them.  She would call us several times to ask us to watch her house because people were constantly trying to break in and were listening to her phone conversations.  I will miss the times that I could mow the lawn and smell sweet smokey aromas from her house or garage that made me feel a little light headed and funny. She hexed other neighbors around us, but we rarely had problems.  I had to take a picture of the signs that she had hanging on the garage over the last month because they made me smile.  I could tell so many stories, but I won't.  I hope she finds peace and happiness in her new situation far away from here.  Hopefully we get some good neighbors soon.


Saturday, April 14th
Haircut time.  I was ready for a change but not too drastic.  I love the shorter length and am very pleased with how it turned out.  People probably don't even notice that I had anything done because I wear it up so often, but I cut quite a bit off.  It was down to my bra line and now it's just below my shoulders.  It's light and nice and I love it.

Sunday, April 15th
Today after church we visited Bump's parents.  Like father, like son.  It was a nice day.


3 comments:

Tera said...

The signs on your neighbors house are a riot! I love Gabby's letter. Her personality shines through her writing. So fun!

We're All Wright said...

I like your hair. Fun post!

desertortoise said...

Very fun post, your shorter hair makes you look younger too!