Monday, March 19, 2012

YIP - Week 9

Sunday, March 11th
I know that I posted last Sunday already, but right after I was finished with my post I caught the kids outside enjoying the spring sunshine.  They had been working for quite some time on this cool blanket fort out in the crab apple tree and were pretty excited about it.  I love Sunday afternoons when the weather is so nice!  Our YSA Family Home Evening was a success.  We did a treasure hunt around the church using clues from the new For The Strength of Youth handbook.  I think everyone had fun.
I had to include this picture also.  It seems that so much of life captured in photos are the smiling happy children posing nicely for their mom.  This one is such a true life photo for me.  Quincy has her hand down her pants, Gabby's got a nice plumber's crack going on and Corban looks like he's about to tattle on someone.  This such perfectly shows my life that I should have this framed and hung in my house instead of their school portraits.  I love being a mom!

 Monday, March 12th
Today was a typical Monday but with me not feeling at my best still.  I tried to get motivated, but ended up still kind of laying around recovering from being sick.  I realized after I put the kids to bed that I didn't have a photo so I took this one of my love!  I really like this guy!  He's taken care of me over the weekend and filled my house with junk food. . . yes, he went shopping.  :)  I love how he is posing with his new gigantic phone.

Tuesday, March 13th
Is Spring actually here?  I have proof that it is finally showing some signs at my house.  My cute mini daffodils are just starting to bloom and I am so excited.  I tell myself every year that I am going to plant more bulbs in the fall because they make me so happy, but I never seem to have money when the time is right for planting them!  Oh well!  I'll enjoy what I've got!  I felt great today finally and got caught up on my house.  Hooray!



Wednesday, March 14th
Today Bump got to go to the school with Corban and Gabby and read with them.  It's supposed to be a grandparent, but since that wasn't a possibility on this day, their dad got to go.  He just went in to work a few hours late and the kids had so much fun showing him around and introducing them to their teachers.  Quincy made the cutest little St. Patrick's Day mask.  I had to get a picture with her wearing it!

 Thursday, March 15th
Gabby keeps complaining about her feet hurting so I finally broke down and got her some nicer shoes to see if that would help.  She ended up getting 3 pair that have good arch support and look super cute so hopefully her feet can feel better.
Tonight I also attended my first caucus meeting.  How sad is that?  I am 37 years old and have never been to a caucus meeting.  It was a real treat for me to go.  Bump offered to stay home and watch the kids - it had nothing to do with the NCAA basketball tournament going on either.  Ahem.  Anyway, it was a neat process to see and be a part of and I doubt that I will ever miss one again!  Bump says that he will go next time with me also.

 Friday, March 16th
The day that the kids have been waiting for. . . the chicks that we wanted came in to Rockin' E Country Store.  We talked about getting two chickens to replace the two that we lost last year.  I decided that we loved our Americauna so much and I miss getting green eggs so we bought two of them.  They are tiny, cute little girls.  We named them Ginger and MaryAnn.  The kids are in heaven. . .
the dog is not.  They are driving him insane!  He wants to get them so bad!  His bird dog instincts are in over drive and he rarely leaves this spot by their house.  If their chirping gets too loud he is right there whining (probably wishing he could silence them - and there are times that I would not mind if he did.  Those chicks can be loud!)
Nosing his way as close as he can get.

 Saturday, March 17th
Happy St. Patrick's Day!  I have no pictures of the mess that the leprechaun made in my house last night.  There were foot prints everywhere and things knocked over.  The milk magically turned green, the coats were all off of their hooks and cupboards were all opened.  But he was nice enough to leave the kids all some treats.  I am wondering why he didn't leave me any since I'm the one that had to clean up the mess?!

After the leprechaun excitement we spent the morning cleaning out the basement.  Wow, it's been awhile since we've done that and it needed it badly!  I still have some drawers and bins to go through to organize it better, but it looks so great!  I even cleaned off all the shelves and vacuumed the old wood ceiling to get rid of any cobwebs - yeah me!  We are getting rid of things that haven't been touched in the 4 years that we've lived here.  I told you I was in an organizing mood!

Then Bump and I got all dressed up and headed over to the high school for the annual Old Folk's Sociable.  Remember Bump was in the program last year?  Well this year we didn't have to do anything, just enjoy it all.  And we did.  I didn't take any pictures at it, but here we are at home afterwards.  It was a nice night and I am grateful for everyone that works so hard to make it a fun night.

3 comments:

Normal Mom said...

Erin, I want to hear more about your treasure hunt--I think that sounds like a great idea! Send me a message to let me know what you did when you get a chance!

Tera said...

Bumps phone is HUGE! I love all the Spring references: the kids in the yard, the flowers, the chicks. Ah! I want Spring to be here so badly. I love, love, love looking at all your pictures. I am so glad you are posting every week. Love you!

We're All Wright said...

So fun! I wish I felt like cleaning and organizing right now!