Sunday, March 11, 2012

YIP - Week 8 - Sickness Strikes!

Monday, March 5th
What a fun way to start and end this fantastic week of sickness - with pictures of my toilet!  Quincy started bright and early Monday morning with a lovely display of vomit.  She was so good though and always made it to the toilet for me (unlike another someone who's name starts with a C in this house).  She felt pretty miserable most of the day and I got some quiet holding time with her.  While she slept I cleaned out my refrigerator and pots and pans cupboard.  Don't these pictures just break your heart?  I'm such a mean mom for taking them!



Tuesday, March 6th
I am in such a spring cleaning mode and have tried to do at least one extra cleaning/organizing thing each day.  Today after washing Quincy's sheets and scrubbing down anything that she was in contact with I finally made my shamrock craft that's been sitting up in my closet since last month.  They turned out really cute and didn't take too much time.  I found the cute "lucky" printout for free online.  I am so proud of myself for getting it done before St. Patrick's Day!


 Wednesday, March 7th
Quincy was excited to go back to preschool today since she had to miss on Monday.  Last week Gabby had a read-a-thon at school and today Corban had one in his class.  Quincy was feeling left out since she didn't participate in a read-a-thon, so she decided to have her own before school.  She got a pillow-pet and a blanket, a few books and a treat.  She quietly sat down and read all the books that she brought and was satisfied.

Thursday, March 8th
Bump is such a geek sometimes. He decided that since he was eligible for a phone upgrade that he was going to change things up completely.  Samsung put out a new phone called the Galaxy Note and Bump has researched and played with it and was just in love with the new really big screen.  He has loved his iPhone and was really feeling guilty about leaving Apple and going to an Android phone, but he did it today.  This thing is huge!  Way too big for me.  It's between the size of a tablet (ie iPad or Kindle) and an iPhone.  In the picture below you can see how much bigger it is than the iPhone 4.  It's funny watching him try to get it in and out of his pockets!  He knows nothing about Androids and has been spending too much time trying to figure out his new toy.  Hopefully it works out well for him.

Friday, March 9th
Last night Corban started throwing up and it made for a really long night and a lot of clean up.  He isn't quite as courteous as his little sister and I have had to learn how to clean up throw-up out of carpet now.  Yuck!  Anyway, he was up most of the night, so that means I was up most of the night.  Then today he was mad that I wouldn't let him go to school because "he felt fine now."  Things were looking good through the day until after dinner when Gabby said that she didn't feel good.  If I thought it was a long night with Corban I would gladly take that back after the night I had with Gabby!  She would not sleep and would not let me sleep either!  Good thing I love my kids so much because I was tired and grouchy and I really like getting enough sleep.

Saturday, March 10th
After the lack of sleep for two nights in a row and with this stupid bug going around it was inevitable that I was going to get it.  I tried to fight it off and cleaned and scrubbed until my fingers were cracked and nasty, but today it finally hit me!  Talk about terrible timing!  This weekend is beautiful and I have so many things that I wanted to get done while Bump was home and the sun was shining.  I still did what I could, but have really been down sick with this.  Bump isn't 100% either so between the two of us we managed, but didn't accomplish much.  I hate being sick!  Gabby is still not feeling great after her long night and all of us did a lot of laying around today.

 Sunday, March 11th
Last night the time changed and Daylight Savings Time began.  So, we lost an hour and have 9:00am church.  If I didn't have responsibilities I would have stayed in bed.  I still don't feel well today, but I had to teach Gospel Doctrine and do music in Young Women's.  My lesson went well despite my feeling yucky (thanks to the Spirit that is the true teacher in a class).  Tonight Bump and I are going to do a Family Home Evening lesson for the Young Single Adults in the Stake.  I should be fine, but I wish I was feeling better.  Here's hoping to a better week with no more sickness next week!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel for you! We have the sick this week! I miss you! Hope you are all feeling better!