Sunday, March 4, 2012

YIP - Week 7

Sunday, February 26th
I love that Sundays are days of rest.  It usually means that the house gets a bit messier and I will have to deal with it on Monday, but that's fine with me.  It's a great excuse to blog, read, study my Sunday school lessons and relax with my family.  Tonight my parents came over again and we watched another Harry Potter movie.  Tomorrow morning they leave for Washington.  It's been such a treat to have them come and hang out with us as much as they were able to.  
 Monday, February 27th
Tera dropped Erick off at the airport this morning to head back to Afghanistan and then came to my house to feed her kids breakfast and get ready to head out to Washington with my parents and then back to Germany.  Corban and TJ got one more bit of playtime together.  They are best buds and I wish that they could live closer together to get to play more often.  It was so sad to watch Tera and my parents drive off this morning.  I couldn't help but cry because I don't know when I will see her again (I know it won't be for awhile).  I am so grateful for technology that makes it so we can talk with each other as often as we can.  It makes the world seem a little bit smaller even when we are so far apart.  She is my best friend though and I will miss her so much.  It was a bit of a gloomy day for me after they left.

 Tuesday, February 28th
Today was a busy homework day for me and a housework catch up day and all the usual mom stuff that I get to do.  Bump came home from work early for a doctor's appointment so we decided to celebrate finally getting our tax return by taking the kids to Applebee's.   They had free kids meal coupons that they got for getting good grades last term and were excited to use them.  After dinner I needed to go help out at Young Women's New Beginnings and Bump had Young Men's so my nephew Conner came over and watched the kids so we could both be at the church.  It was a busy day, but I got a lot done.


 Wednesday, February 29th
Happy Leap Day!  It only happens once every four years and today is the day!  Gabby had some dental hygienists come to her school class today and talk about good hygiene.  She was so excited to come home and show me her mask and gloves.  She even asked me to take this picture and send it to Uncle Darin (her dentist in Tremonton).  She says she wants to be a dentist when she grows up.  Good for her.

Thursday, March 1st
Today when I walked into the bathroom I saw a handsome male barbie doll doing push ups for his ladies.  I laughed out loud and had to shoot this picture.  March has come in like a lion for us with some awesome snow showers finally.  It's been such a mild winter that it's nice to get some snow that is sticking even if spring should actually be getting here.

 Friday, March 2nd
Tonight while Quincy was eating dinner I snapped a few pictures of her in the sunlight coming in through the windows.  My baby is getting so big.  Today we registered her for Kindergarten.  I keep wondering where has the time gone?  She is such a fun yet stubborn girl who reminds me so much of myself.  She still sucks her thumb, but is finally realizing that if she wants to be grown up she needs to stop that habit.  She plays the piano all the time and I know she is doing what I used to do and is imagining herself playing grand pieces in front of thousands of adoring fans.  She is reading better than most of the Kindergartner's in Corban's class right now.  She sings so well for her age and loves to snuggle up to me.  But ask her to clean her room or help around the house and she acts like I have just sentenced her to death.  What a stinker!

 Saturday, March 3rd
While we were getting kids up and getting ready to go to Ikea this morning my niece, Madison, was being baptized by her dad (my little brother, Thad) in Boston.  She is another of those little baby girls all born in 2004.  She is a beautiful girl and we are so happy for her!


We spent the morning with the kids at Ikea buying stuff to redo our office area at the top of the stairs.  I realize that I don't have a picture of what it looked like before, if I find one I will insert it.  Basically it was an old arm chair in the left corner and a computer armour with tons of junk on it and in it between the two windows.  It was full of papers, old paid bills and loads of dust (cough).  So, after buying what we needed and eating some Swedish meatballs for lunch, we headed home to put everything together.  This is what we ended up with.  Now we have space for two computers and lots more storage.  I still have more ideas to fancy things up a bit, but it's so much better than we had and I am really happy with it.

Sunday, March 4th
I know I started with Sunday and this week I am ending with Sunday because I am blogging Sunday night.  Last night we left our house late and headed over to Bump's parents for a surprise sleep over.  We haven't spent much time with them lately and neither one of them has been feeling too well so we decided to take the day and just be with them.  We brought all the fixings for breakfast, lunch and dinner and had a relaxing day just being together.  Here is Quincy and Grandma reading together.  The kids read and played while we talked and told stories.  It was a good day.

2 comments:

We're All Wright said...

I love your computer area! It is really nice. Love your blog.

Normal Mom said...

Hey Erin, where did you get the saying on the wall in your office? It all looks great! Your kids are getting so big! The time really does go by quickly doesn't it?
Take care!