Sunday, March 19th
I don't have a picture for today. Darn it! I meant to take a picture of my brother-in-law, Steve. So, since I didn't get to take one I will post one that I took off of facebook. Thank you facebook! I chose this particular one because I love his shorts. :) So, why did I want to include a picture of Steve? Because he is my Stake President and today was Stake Conference. It was fabulous.
Monday, February 20th
Today was President's Day. We took the kids to see Star Wars, The Phantom Menace. It was just re-released in theaters in 3D and the kids were excited to see it. They did great. After the movie we went to Bump's parents to help them put up a new bed that they bought. I put the kids to bed tonight and later when I went up to bed this is what I saw. Gabby loves to have Fin sleep in her room, but he doesn't like to stay with her. Usually she will put up the baby gate and he will stay in there, but tonight I guess she couldn't get the baby gate to slide open enough, so she used whatever she could find. I love this picture because Fin is in it too.
Tuesday, February 21st
The kids missed school today because they had dentist appointments. Normally people don't miss an entire day just because of a dentist appointment, but since we go to Bump's brother Darin in Tremonton it does take a good chunk of the day. It takes about 2 hours to get there and 2 hours to get home, but it's worth it to go to the very best dentist in the whole world! Both Corban and Gabby had to get some work done and so I took pictures of both of their crooked smiles afterward.

Wednesday, February 22nd
My dad gave Bump and Corban haircuts today. They both needed it badly and I am grateful to let someone else do it on occasion. When I married Bump he worked out a haircut dowry with my dad, so if Bump asks for a haircut then my dad has to comply or else he'll give me back. :) Also notice the white square thing below the window in the background. Last week my dad helped me build a garbage can holder for my kitchen. It's not finished yet, I need to calk and paint it. But it has a lid that keeps the dog from pulling things out and the bead board that he used is really cute! It's been great having parents around!
Thursday, February 23rd
Today was kind of a catch up day. There was a lot of running around, homework and laundry to do. I also got started painting the trim in my dining room. I took this picture of the inside of my car because that's what I see a lot of.
Friday, February 24th
Today my mom and I painted and painted and painted. I started out the morning by heading to Home Depot to pick up my wall paint. I had finished the white trim work the day before and we were ready to get going on the walls. My mom is such a great motivator and I was so ready and in the mood to get this room finally tackled! I had to take a break to go and volunteer in Gabby's classroom for an hour and my mom kept right on painting without me. We got the first coat mostly on by the time school was out. Then we got a babysitter and went to dinner with my parents. The dining room is looking so good! I am really happy with the color!
Saturday, February 25th
My mom came over to help me finish painting. I wore her completely out and after a few Harry Potter movies (they had only seen the first one) this is how I found them while I finished up the second coat of paint. I just love this picture (they will hate it) because it shows both of my parents asleep with Harry asleep right by them. They work hard and I am glad that they could rest up before having a fun evening with my brother, Lee.
Speaking of the dining room. I'll go ahead and post the before and after pictures even though everything isn't put back together yet. The color before is the same color that it's been since we bought the house 4 years ago. It's a golden yellow color and the trim had never been painted. These pictures aren't the best, but at least I took some. The before pictures were taken just after we began painting the trim on Thursday. You can see in one picture where I tested the new color on the wall.
And here are the after pictures before I hang stuff back on the walls. My mom and sister were worried when they looked at my color swatch on the wall. They thought it would be too dark. I wasn't worried about it at all and I am really happy with the color I chose. It is Martha Stewart's Natural Twine color. I love how updated this looks and the bright white trim just pops (I haven't painted the doors yet, so don't look too closely). The color isn't dark at all and catches the light well, so it actually looks brighter and cleaner than the previous color. The pictures don't do it justice, as usual, but it's great and it's done and the best part about it is that I didn't have to do it alone this time thanks to my mom!













3 comments:
This is such a great idea - the week in pictures. You are kind of crazy, you know that? I can't believe how much you do every day! And with dogs?! Amazing. :)
I love the new color! How fun to get a few projects tackled when your parents come to visit. Isaac thinks I need to start wearing a headlamp when I cut his hair after seeing Uncle Dave with one. Maybe I just need Uncle Dave to do it for me!
I think you picked just the right wall color!
Post a Comment