Sunday, February 5th
Bump and I haven't been away for our Anniversary in years. I mean, I can't even remember the last time we actually did something for our Anniversary. This year we left on Sunday night and stayed at the Anniversary Inn in Salt Lake. We had the Sun Valley room and it fit us just perfectly! We had a fireplace and a whirlpool tub with a waterfall, chocolate covered strawberries, cheesecake and sparkling cider. It was a perfectly relaxing evening away from the kids and work and chaotic life.
Monday, February 6th
Today was our 14th Anniversary. We spent the day going to lunch and shopping downtown. My sister, Tracy, had our kids over night. They love getting to hang out with their older cousins. I came home to girls that were plastered with make up just the way they like it thanks to their cousin, Kaylea. Bump and I felt rejuvenated and ready to tackle life again after our night away. I married a pretty amazing guy.
Tuesday, February 7th
Me doing homework while Bump was ice skating with his young men. Gabby had a hard time sleeping so she came out and did my hair while I was doing my homework. She took this picture when she was finished. Not bad for a 7 year old.
Wednesday, February 8th
These are the cute new shoes that Bump bought me for our Anniversary while we were out shopping. I broke them in today running kids all over town. I was also cleaning up my house to prepare for the arrival of guests later that day.
Thursday, February 9th
Cousins from Germany! My kids (and me) have been counting down the days until my sister Tera arrived from Germany. She gets to meet her hubby here for his R&R from Afghanistan. She flew into a base in Washington and my parents drove her down. So, we get to see my parents for a few weeks and my sister and her kids. All of us have been so excited and love being together. Here is Bailey and Gabby (notice the headband and necklaces Gabby is sporting made by her cousin).
And here is my amazing sister! She was getting ready to see her husband (who ended up not arriving for a few more days) and I was happy to give her a little manicure. Every time we get together it's like we've never been apart.
Friday, February 10th
Bump and I had a free babysitter tonight so we invited my parents to go to dinner with us. We also called my brother Lee and his wife Tricia to go with us. Lee showed off a lovely brownie smile for us. It's pretty good although nothing like the one that his wife gave a few years earlier (see here and enlarge the picture on the left under "about me"). Keep working on it Lee.
Saturday, February 11th
Today Gabby got to go to 2 different birthday parties for girls in her school class. Luckily they weren't at the same time since they are both her "BFF's". Bump and I had a relaxing day at home with my parents. Erick's plane finally got in around 7:30 tonight. Tera is so happy and I am happy for them! We didn't go to the airport, but I loved seeing the pictures of him arriving and greeting his wife and kids. More pictures next week!








2 comments:
Your sister is VERY nice! I briefly met her when she dropped of her little guy in nursery!! So glad you are able to spend some quality time with family! I love it!
Great blog!!! It is so fun to be here.
Post a Comment