Sunday, February 12th
Today I got to see Erick for the first time since I went to Germany when Tera had David. So, it's been about 18 months since I've seen him. Tera and Erick were so happy to be together again (she hadn't seen him for 6 months)! They came over to Tracy's house for dinner with everyone and then sneaked away for a few days and nights alone in Salt Lake City. Bailey got to come and stay at our house for those few days.
Today you get 2 pictures because my mom snapped a picture of Tracy, Tera and I practicing to sing in Sacrament meeting today. I was asked to sing back in January and I asked if I could put it off and sing with my sister (Tracy was in Costa Rica at the time). So, the date they gave me was today and since Tera was going to be in town I asked her to sing also. It was a really pretty song and it went really well! I was so happy to get to sing with at least 2 of my sisters. Thanks girls!
Monday, February 13th
I said before that we had Bailey stay with us for a few days. Her teacher is so awesome and let Bailey come spend some time at school with Gabby. She gave her a desk with her name on it and let her join in the Valentines Day festivities the next day (she bought Valentines for each child to give to Bailey). Bailey was such a hit and the girls had a great time together instead of apart during school hours.
Tuesday, February 14th
Happy Valentines Day!
I had to have two pictures today also. First is Quincy's Valentine from her Dad. Gabby got the same thing. My dad still gets us girls a Valentine every year and I am glad that Bump is doing the same thing for his girls.
When we were young my mom taught my brothers that Valentines Day is a day when boys can give something special to a girl that they like. Us girls were not allowed to buy boys anything extra, but she took the boys to the store and helped them buy a cute thing for a special girl. I decided to do the same thing for Corban. While we were at Walmart I let him pick out a small (and inexpensive) stuffed animal to give to a girl of his choice. He had to decide between 2 girls, but didn't hesitate too long. After school on Valentines Day he delivered his gift to her (see the picture below). He was all smiles when he got back to the car and sighed as he said, "I just love her so much." What a sweet moment!
Wednesday, February 15th
Corban is loving Star Wars and Legos so much right now. Today he brought me this little vehicle that he made and said it was just like the vehicles in Star Wars. This picture doesn't show how tiny this little machine is. The wheels are made out of Lego's that are used for flowers in a Lego garden. He made me take a picture and text it to Bump at work.
Thursday, February 16th
I have had so much fun getting to hang out with my parents during the last week. They drove Tera down after she flew into the Air Force base in Washington State. They get to stay and drive her back up a week from Monday. Here is Quincy with my dad. She would read to him and play the piano for him. My mom watched the kids this afternoon so I could go to Stake Temple Day. It was so good to get to go to the temple. I'm lucky to live so close to so many.
Friday, February 17th
The main reason that Tera and Erick met in Utah for Erick's R&R was for this very special occasion. Today Erick was able to baptize Bailey. And they got to do it in Utah so that Erick's family and many of ours could attend. It was a great experience and the speakers were awesome! (I'm just saying that because I was one of them!! Ha ha!) Afterwards we went up to Lee and Tricia's house for a pot luck and birthday cake - it was Grandma Blackham's birthday. It was a special and really fun day to be together.
Saturday, February 18th
Then we all turned right around and came back to Lee and Tricia's the very next day for our Annual Wright Iron Chef Challenge! This year my parents were in charge and they chose the secret ingredient of potatoes, but put the condition that the guys were in charge and it was all on their shoulders for the main dish. Then the girls were given the Cupcake Wars challenge. We had to make cupcakes. All of the grandkids were able to vote on which one they thought looked the best and my parents voted on taste for both dishes. I am pleased to say that I won the cupcake taste award, but Bump's potato salad didn't win the main dish. I will do a whole separate post on our Iron Chef competition, but here is a picture of my Cinnamon Banana Nutella cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream frosting showing a happy family for the kids. They tasted a lot better than they looked for sure!









2 comments:
Your family is so much fun!!! :) so glad your family was able to be together for the baptism of your niece, very special!!!!
I heard those cupcakes were amazing! I want the recipe.
Post a Comment