Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Duh. . .

I have a good friend who put a funny little post on her blog that taught me something completely new. She said that she just figured something out that she was sure that most people already knew and she was admitting her lack of knowledge on the subject. But she was excited to have learned something so wonderful!

I must admit that I had no knowledge of this particular handiness before her post and I thank her for sharing and now I admit this to all of you.

For years and years plastic wrap and tin foil drive me NUTS because the tubes fall out and it makes it really hard to handle. Well, did you know that there are little tabs on the end of each box that says "push in to lock"? I never knew that!! You just push the tabs in and it holds the tube in the box! Duh!! I am now a faithful "tab" user and it has simplified my life!

It's all about the little things.
PS/ I wasn't going to even post this, but I asked my little sister if she knew this particular fact and she didn't either . . . so I am not the only one and hopefully this can help a few more of you! 8-)

12 comments:

janice said...

I tell people about the "tabs" when they come thru my line at work. Know one knows about this! you are not alone. =)

Anonymous said...

lol!! I had no idea and yes that is one of my biggest pet-peeves. Thank you, thank you Erie. And FYI, I tested it out and it rolls out a lot easier if the roll is sitting in the box so it pulls out up from the bottom and not from over the top. Does that make sense?

desertortoise said...

I had no idea! I just went and looked at mine and sure enough, there they are like always. Sad thing is, that end sits right in my line of sight by the microwave for the last 2 years. Thanks for the tip!

Tracy Collings said...

...um, I knew that...

Ashley said...

Ok I never knew that? I'm also going to give the mascara a try. Thanks for the tips. =)

Tera said...

Ha! Look how many people you have helped. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Love, the little sister who didn't know.

We're All Wright said...

I am 60 and have known a lot of things for a long time! But I never knew that! XOXO Mom

Amie said...

My husband had to point that one out to me a while back. Leave it to a man to figure something like that out on his first try! :)

Unknown said...

:) I knew but I didn't know nobody else did. lol funny.

Kristi said...

I knew about the secret lock but just never used it. NOw I just buy Costco mega packs and it comes in an industrial sized box with a zipper to rip the plastic. LOVE IT!

Oh, I also want to try out that mascara. Anything for longer fuller lashes!!

Leanne said...

Erin, I have so many "duh" moments that I can't even count them. Honestly, I wonder how on earth I manage to execute even the easiest tasks...because I am such a flake. Not saying that you are, but we all certainly have our times when we miss even the most obvious of hints. LOL...thanks for the comments on my blogs..when I move back this summer you can run with me ok?

Shayla said...

wow I actually knew that!! Thanks everyone, for making me feel smart. Doesn't happen very often. :)