Yes, we have a big 7 year old boy at our house now. Corban wanted to keep everything low key this year. When I asked him if he wanted a big party or just a few friends to go swimming he chose to go swimming with a few friends. Well, as it turned out those few friends were our family and Tracy and Conner Collings.
Poor Corban had to wait all day (after school) to open his presents. He got a few Star Wars Lego sets, some darts for his nerf guns and a basketball with a basketball hoop. He keeps asking for one and he finally got it!
I ask the kids what they want for their birthday dinner and this year Corban was adamant that he wanted sushi for his birthday. So, we took him to a little sushi place in Tooele (which he loved, but the girls did not, even though they just had some teriyaki rice). After eating sushi we went met up with Conner and Tracy at the swimming pool. (I have no swimming pictures, of course!) We had such a fun time! It was so great to have Tracy and Conner there. They took Gabby who was determined to be able to swim well enough that she could jump off the diving board. They were so patient with her and she was so determined that by the end of the evening she actually did jump off the diving board all by herself!! Corban just kept wanting to go down the water slide, so he and Bump kept going on it over and over. Quincy and I just had a nice relaxing float around the lazy river and played in the shallows. It was the best time I have had swimming in years because everyone was taken care of.
After swimming Tracy and Conner joined us for Corban's requested birthday pumpkin pie and ice cream. He definitely got what he asked for this year and had a fabulous birthday! We put up his basketball hoop on Labor Day and he can hardly stay away from it. His grandpa Williams is so proud! I guess basketball is in his blood! :)




No comments:
Post a Comment