to give up and just stay in Germany.
While we waited we got to hang out a bit more with my parents and grandparents. It was nice and quiet after the large group that had been here. Quincy had Grandpa Dickson wrapped around her finger and he let her drive him around the yard in his scooter.
All of the kids helped Grandpa Wright in the garden. The radishes were very ready to be pulled and the kids were happy to help.
Corban loved the produce so much that after picking the radishes he washed them all off in the sink, took the tops off and even fed those tops to the chickens when he was finished. When he likes the project you give him there is no stopping this boy.
Then just when we thought that for sure she wasn't coming any more Tera made it along with her 4 kids. I hadn't seen David since I was in Germany last year just after he was born. What a cutie!
I think that Tera being in Washington helped a bit with the transition for both her and the kids to having Erick be over there. . .
I happened to walk into the house just as my dad was finishing up a haircut on my grandpa. So, I asked him if he would give Corban one also. He was happy to oblige and Corban held very still for him. I think it was the best haircut Corb has ever had!
While we were still in Washington David had his first birthday. My Aunt Sharon made him a carrot cake and carrot cupcakes (so yummy) and he couldn't get enough of the yummy goodness - even though he is eating a noise maker in this picture.
We had a birthday party for him with all of Tera's kids, my kids and my cousin Sherry's kids. We ate corn dogs, cake and everyone got presents thanks to Grandma Wright.
We also got to go and visit my parents at the LDS Church cannery where they are missionaries. Grandma took them on a tour of the place and explained what they did there. Gabby wasn't feeling well, so Tera stayed home with her and David so they could all take naps.
We couldn't let Tera's kids miss out on the lawn mower rides. Grandpa was so fun with them and these kids were in this wagon for hours with the adults taking turns driving.
Here is a picture of my kids with their great-grandparents just before we left to head back to Utah. It was nice for them to be able to spend time and get to know them. How many people can say that they know their great-grandparents? These kids are so lucky!
On the drive home we took a beautiful pass (I can't remember the name) that took us right by Mt. Rainier. The drive was beautiful! Tera has more pictures of the drive that I will add in later when she sends them to me.
My parents and Tera came back to Utah with us because my niece, Amber, was getting married. We got to have more fun cousin and family time together. These kids can't get enough of their cousins and it's so nice that they got to play together again.


We also had many late night games with the girls. This is a fuzzy picture of Tracy and Tera (Mom was there too), but we had so much fun and laughed and cried (because of laughing too hard) and ate too many snacks and laughed some more. Those are the best times.
Tera stayed with me for a week and then headed off to her in-laws for another week. Last Tuesday I took off and drove her and the kids to Oregon where we met up with my mom to take them the rest of the way to Washington. She had much more success with her Space-A travels back to Germany. This time she got right on flights, but then had a 24 hour layover in New Jersey for maintenance and storms. She is now safely back to Germany and recovering from her month away. It was so fun to get to spend time with her and the kids. We always have so much fun together! Can't wait to do it again!
Oh, and when I got back from driving Tera up north I came home to this:

I hate my dog. But that is another story completely.
1 comment:
i had no idea it was so bad or I wouldn't have laughed at you on facebook......i would have KILLED my dog! i mean it. DEAD. I'm so sorry. :(
Post a Comment