Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Gabby's Kindergarten Program

Just a warning, there are a lot of pictures in this post. Last Friday, April 9th, Gabby's school had their annual Kindergarten program. It was so cute! All of the classes started out with a cheer that sounded like the old Mickey Mouse Club cheer with different words. Then each class took turns showing their hula hoop skills, parachute skills, and every class did a different dance. Gabby's was a 50's dance and boy did she love wearing a poodle skirt! She talked about it for weeks! Then they ended the program doing the chicken dance, first alone then again with a special someone that they each got to choose out of the audience. Gabby picked Corban and after they were out there for a bit Quincy just couldn't help herself and had to join in. What can I say? My kids are just born performers. :)

Gabby was all smiles and loved the fact that both Bump and I came as well as Grandma Williams. She worked hard and worried about remembering all of her steps. She has even practiced and practiced the hula hoop to get ready for the performance (she still doesn't quite have that down, but she did pretty dang good!)

It was a fun program and the teachers did a really great job putting it all together. It made me realize that I need to get Gabby into dance, she loved every bit of it and just had a glow about her the whole time! Maybe we'll start in the fall.

Now for the photos:











3 comments:

Tracy Collings said...

I wish I had known, I LOVE the kindergarten program! She looks so cute!!! I know she's been practicing the hula hoop for months!

Tera said...

So cute! Your pictures are amazing. I can tell she was having a total blast. I love the poodle skirts. Is she the shortest girl in her class? For some reason that surprises me. Go figure.

Unknown said...

:) That was fun!!! Cute post.