Friday, May 29, 2009

Memorial Weekend

We had a fun, relaxing Memorial Weekend. Saturday we went in to Bountiful to hang out with Bump's parents and take the kids to the fun park by their house. They had so much fun and did not want to leave when it was time to go. After playing at the park we took some flowers up to Adara's grave and let the kids run through the cemetery looking at all of the beautiful flowers.



Sunday night Bump had to teach a Bishop's Youth Fireside at the Bishop's house. We got there and right before he was supposed to teach the power went out. So, we got out flash lights and candles and he proceeded to teach with all the lights out. It was a great experience and I was glad that I got to go. My sister, Tracy's, kids came over to watch our kids and got to entertain them in the dark for us instead of playing video games like they thought they would get to!

On Monday we went to a BBQ at my baby brother's house. Some of our family were out-of-town, but the ones that were around all went to Jared and Casi's house to hang out and catch up. My brother-in-law, Erick, was home on a 4-day leave from the army and it was fun to get to see him and hear what he has been up to in the service.

The food was great, the company is always great, and it was a really fun and relaxing day! Thanks you guys!





On the way home we stopped by the Tooele cemetery and showed our kids both of Bump's grandparents graves and also an aunt that is buried there. I must say that the cemetery looked absolutely beautiful! The kids enjoyed looking at all the flowers and getting to walk around for a bit! I really love Memorial Day!

2 comments:

Tracy Collings said...

I like how Conner is hiding in all of the pictures. Thanks for dealing with my kids!

Anonymous said...

How fun. So sorry we missed it. I'm so glad you guys had a great time.