Yesterday was our ward's primary program and, being a Sunday, it was Gabby's first year to participate. She has been so excited about singing and has talked about how reverent she will be, etc. Well, she was really, really good. She held relatively still and kept her arms folded through the sacrament and didn't talk to any of the other kids. She had a huge smile on her face the whole time and looked so dang cute!When there was about 15 minutes left of the program I noticed that we were losing her. She kept a funny smile on her face, but wasn't reacting to my faces from the audience even though she was looking right at me. Then her eyes would close for a bit, then open and then halfway close again and she would teeter in her seat. I could tell that she was totally falling asleep sitting on the front row of her first primary program! Some of the people around us were laughing as they watched her slowly fade. I thought for a bit that she might completely fall out of her seat, but her teacher finally realized what was happening and pulled Gabby into her lap for the last few minutes.
This might not be a big deal for those of you that are parents out there, but when we are talking about Gabby it is a big deal. This is the girl who would not fall asleep anywhere but at home! Most babies will fall asleep in the car while you are driving around, in fact, people take their babies on rides just to get them to go to sleep when other things won't work. This has never been the case with Gabby. Even as a very small baby she wouldn't sleep in the car and very rarely does still. So, to have her be the one in the whole primary falling asleep is so funny! She did a great job though!!
Our tiny baby Gabby, wide awake on the way home from the NICU - May 2004
2 comments:
That is so funny! I've never had that happen. I'm giggling just imagining it. What are you guys doing, keeping her up all night before such a big day?;)
I love it! I wish I could have been there. I'm so proud of Gabby for sitting still for so long.
Post a Comment