Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Corban's Potty Training

I know you have all heard my complaining about potty training a boy and how hard it is. Well, after trying bribes, punishment, reminders, etc. and having nothing work - finally something has.

Bump's cousin's wife, Kristi, put a hilarious you tube video on her blog that made me laugh so hard - I just loved it. I watched it a couple of times and just laughed each time. Well, the kids heard me laughing at it and so I thought, what the heck, let's see if it will work for Corban. It's a Japanese potty training video and I figured that it couldn't hurt to show it to Corb - I was desperate for anything to work.

Well, Corb and Gabby loved it so much that they wanted to watch it over and over. I did my own translations of what was going on for them and sang about it being time to go potty each time the parents sang in the video. It might be a hilarious video to us parents, but since Corban watched it he has been wearing underwear and has only had one accident in a week!! Serious! I don't even put a diaper on him for his naps (only at night)! The difference in his potty training before he watched the video and after was night and day! He is pretty much potty trained now and I honestly think it's because of this silly Japenese you tube video!!

Thank you Kristi!! Enjoy the video. . .

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh-My-Gosh!!That is hilarious and disturbing. Do you sing Piss, Piss to Corban? I hope not, but yes we do wave good bye to the poop as it swirls away to happy valley. Peter loves to go on the toilet, but his mom needs a video to remind her to take him.

Kristi said...

Oh my! I had no idea that video would actually work! Yea for blogs.

And you're welcome:)

Unknown said...

How funny!! I am so glad you shared that!! lol

Growinguptogether said...

Perfect timing. I'm potty training JD this week. Thanks for sharing.

Tooele Brezoff said...

Ha Ha I had this on my blog but The Soup was making fun of it. I have never laughed so hard, I guess I will show it to Nathan and see if he can piss piss and poo too haha.
Thanks Erin you made my day!

Bump and Erin said...

For clarification. I changed the words when they sing piss piss and poo poo just to "let's go potty" over and over again. =)

Unknown said...

I love it. I'm still laughing.