Friday, December 21, 2007

Blessings Come

I was just thinking today about how blessed I am. I don't say anything to brag, only to show my gratitude for all that I have.

For a few months Bump and I have been discussing our finances and wondering if we will be forever living with his parents, or if we will ever find something of our own. In discussing our options we kept thinking about finding a second job. It's something that is hard to think about because if he gets a second job he will never see the kids, and they love to spend time with their dad so much! So, I began looking for something that I could do in the evenings while Bump is home with the kids. I actually applied and interviewed for a position with the Red Cross working evenings in a lab. When I got home that night and discussed it with Bump I just couldn't feel good about working full-time even if it was in the evenings. Maybe if it were only a few nights a week or something it would have been better, but the more we thought about it the worse things felt and I didn't take the job.

Well, after making that decision within days Bump found out that a position that he has been hoping for at work was going to be available and he would most likely get it. I knew right away that we had made the right decision and the Lord was blessing us for that decision. He signed the offer letter yesterday and will be getting a nice raise with it starting Monday.

The world that we live in today is a two income world. Bump and I made a decision when we got married that I would stay home with the kids and he would work. It seems more and more like the whole world is against the decision that we made, but we are being blessed for it. Believe me we will still be incredibly tight, but it gives me hope that we might actually be able to get a budget together and plan for a home in the next year.

I know that the decisions that we have made don't make sense to most people. I mean, what's the big deal if I work nights as long as Bump can be with the kids?? The answer to me is that it's not just about the kids. I love my husband and I would hate to only really spend time with him on the weekends. We rely on each other and love being together. I wouldn't be the same person without his constant influence in my life. So, until the time comes when we really have no other choice but to get another job - I am grateful for all that the Lord is doing to help us to keep afloat.

3 comments:

Tracy Collings said...

Congratulations Brayden! We're really excited for you!
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Never doubt you are doing the right thing. Those three kids are more important that anything else you could dedicate your time to.

Unknown said...

You are so good. You deserve this so much. Thank you for sharing.