Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend

I was setting up tents to see which ones we could use for girls camp and the kids decided that they just had to sleep outside for the long weekend!  So they did!


We went to visit Adara's grave on Sunday after church.  The girls tend to get a bit teary when they go up there, but they still put smiles on for the picture. 

 Bump and I went to Tooele to visit his grandparent's graves.  This is Grandma and Grandpa Maxfield's grave and their daughter Caroline (Bump's aunt that died when she was 3 years old) to the right with the pink flowers.

Bump's Aunt Sherrie Ellis and her infant daughter.

Grandma and Grandpa Williams (George and Ruth)

Sunday evening we went to Tremonton for dinner and a farewell for Cambric and Jake.  Jake graduated from USU and they are heading to Houston for Jake's new job.  We will miss them!
Gabby, Quincy, Cambric, Bethany, and Maren

Monday morning we went with Lee and Tricia's family on a family bike ride.  We drove the bikes to Farmington and got on the Legacy Parkway trail.  What started out as a small ride ended up going clear to Bountiful Pond and around it and back.  It was about a 20 mile bike ride!  The kids did great!  It was a perfect day, warm with a nice breeze.  Quincy and I hung back and kept a slow, steady pace, but we all made it and had a really fun time!

 Stopping for a break 1/2 way at Bountiful Pond.
Corban, Lee, Quincy, Bump, Andrew, Peter, Tricia, Emi, Parlee and Gabby.

After the bike ride we went to Grandma and Grandpa Williams house and planted their garden with Gabby for her Young Women's project.

1 comment:

Tera said...

I'm so impressed with all the catching up you are doing on your blog. I have been horrible with mine. Thanks for the inspiration!