When school started so did my Chubby Challenge. It was a competition between friends of friends to see who could lose the most body fat percentage. I was VERY ready to do something and the prize winnings were very tempting. Here is my before picture and a picture of the scale. We had to send in a scale shot each week.
173.5 pounds to start
My helper at the start. Bump and I would get up early and walk. After a few weeks it was just me getting up early to walk! :)
My sisters and cousins all doing the challenge together. These girls really rocked the challenge and all of us placed pretty high up the charts. It was fun to do it together. We saw each other's results here at Grandpa's funeral.
(Tera, Jana, Me, Shayla, Sherilyn, and Jamie)
(Tera, Jana, Me, Shayla, Sherilyn, and Jamie)
Down 27 pounds in 8 weeks!!! I lost 13.53% body fat. I was in 2nd place from week 2 right up until the very end when people starved themselves to win. Ticked me off really bad, but I still ended up in 4th place and won $95.00 (first place was $700).
This is what I posted on the challenge blog after the competition was over:
Wow I can't believe it's over! This has been such a great motivation for me! At the start of this competition I was just at the point where all of my pants were too tight and I went to the store to buy a size 14. I was 2 pounds shy of where I was just before delivering twins! Yikes! It was hard to tie my shoes and shave my legs and I knew I needed to get myself back in gear.
I joined with my sisters Tera B. and Jamie S. as well as cousins Shayla D., Jana C. and Gaylene P. Everyone did so good! I've gotten to see their before and after pictures and they are inspiring! Way to go girls! Thanks for the good motivation! Even when we traveled to Grandpa's funeral last week!
I am now comfortably in size 10 jeans (I haven't tried on anything smaller). My energy level is up, I can keep up with my 3 kids again, and I have motivated many co-workers to be healthier throughout the weeks.
I ate low carb, ran/walked a minimum of 10,000 steps every day, drank tons of water, and didn't have any sugar or soda.
I wish I had stuck with it better. I really fell back into old habits during the holidays, but I loved it when I was competing. I need to do this all the time. Oooo there are too many yummy treats in the world! For me it is 90% diet, 10% exercise.
No comments:
Post a Comment