These pictures just break my heart! Poor Corban was in so much pain when he got pushed off the neighbors tramp. I knew something was wrong as soon as I saw his arm and we immediately went up to Lakeview Hospital. That's what you get for jumping on the trampoline on Sunday! :) These pictures were in the car on the way to the hospital.
Waiting for pain meds.
After the trauma of getting an IV put into his arm, he started to calm down.
The morphine calmed him down and he started saying some pretty funny things! :)
They took some x-rays.
Then wrapped up his arm in a splint and told us they ordered an ambulance to take Corban up to Primary Children's Medical Center to see an Orthopedic Specialist. He got kind of goofy and kept making faces at us and making buzzing sounds with his lips.
The paramedics were really cool except that they kept trying to talk Corb into being a U fan instead of a BYU fan. They kept pointing out all of the RED lights and RED things in the ambulance. Corban said he just stared at the clock on the ambulance wall because it had a blue light in it. :) I went with Corb in the ambulance while Bump ran home to tuck the girls in for the night. I pointed out the paramedic's BLUE uniform to Corb. They gave him some RED fire hats for him and his sisters.
When we got to PCMC they immediately started prepping Corb for surgery. This was the first time they had mentioned surgery to us and it really freaked him out for a bit. They had a specialist come in and talk to Corb about all the things that would happen to him. He was nervous, but very brave. The sedative they gave him helped.
Surgery lasted about an hour and he got 3 pins put into his arm. The surgeon seemed happy with how things went. Corb was in good spirits when he woke up. I worried that he wouldn't want to wake up because it was close to midnight when he got back to his room.
They kept us overnight because it was so late. I stayed with Corban and Bump went home. He came back in the morning to pick us up. Corban was happy to be home. He is in a soft cast for a week and will get his hard cast put on Monday morning. He gets to miss school this week to keep his arm from getting re-injured. Quincy has been so cute about bringing home his homework every day. What an adventure! He is excited to get a BLUE cast on!












4 comments:
Oh my goodness. Those car pictures are making me light-headed. Poor brave Corban. I'm so glad the doctors knew what to do for him. I pray that he recovers quickly.
Wow what an adventure! And wow what a loyal BYU fan!! Bump must be proud! :-) I am glad he is such a brave kid. I don't know if I would have been. Good job Corb.
Wow what an adventure! And wow what a loyal BYU fan!! Bump must be proud! :-) I am glad he is such a brave kid. I don't know if I would have been. Good job Corb.
Oh man!! That is INTENSE!! Wow! Poor Corban! Hope he has a quick recovery! What an adventure, that will hopefully make a good story someday!
Post a Comment