Jeremy and Jen went on a pioneer trek with their ward so we had their 3 youngest for a few days. We took them on a short hike where there was supposed to be water for them to play in. The water had dried up at that part of the river, so we just played with a fallen tree for a bit then went down by the road to wade in the water that was there. We had a lot of fun with them!
Bump has been without a job all summer and finally made the decision to go back to school. Yippee for him! Because of that decision we came to the conclusion that we need to sell the house. :( Not a happy decision to come to, but we know it's right. So, after 5 1/2 years we are moving from Grantsville and selling our 103 year old home. We were so unsure about how it would be with the slow market and with such an old home. We have been blessed in our decision with a solid offer and a good back-up offer in writing. We move out the end of September.
Because of the decision to sell the house we knew that we had a bit of work to do to make it presentable. One of those things was to repaint the back of the house. We rented a power washer to make quick work of all the peeling paint.
I had to capture a picture of the sun on this day. There was a bad fire right on the other side of the mountain that was turning the sky a really orange color for a few days. We not only had paint chips flying everywhere, but had white ashes falling from the fire.
The kids kept wanting Bump to spray them.
A few days later and a lot of paint (the old wood soaks up a lot) and the house looks amazingly better! I wish we hadn't waited for so long.
We also added some bead board to the inside to cover some old plaster and ugly wallpaper. It turned out pretty good and really does look better than it did! Trust me! I forgot to take before pictures of it.
We had a ward party where there was a dunk tank involved. The ward voted on people to get dunked. Bump got dunked.
School started on August 20th. I made the kids stop long enough to snap a quick picture as they headed into the school. They were so excited to go back! Gabby is in 4th grade, Corban in 2nd grade and Quincy is in 1st grade.
Quincy and Corban both started soccer. They both missed their first practice and game while we went to Bear Lake with Lee and Tricia's family (I have no pictures of that trip). So, Quincy had her first game without a practice. She was trying to figure everything out, but did pretty good! She almost scored a goal. The first game was hard because both Corban and Quincy had games at the exact same time on two different fields, so it was hard to focus on each of them!
Our kids are great little soccer players!! Corban's team is the Stone Warriors and Quincy's is the Rockets!


























1 comment:
Wow! You have been busy lady. I'm so happy that your house sold so quickly. I love the beadboard that you added to the back porch. It looks so good. I also love the improvement of the paint job on the back of the house. I got a little teary when I realized that coming home to Utah would no longer mean hanging out with you in that house. I love that house. I will miss it, as I'm sure you will too. Love you!
Post a Comment