Sunday, June 3rd
Today we met with our trek family to meet them and talk a little bit about trek coming up next week. We have some great kids in our group and it made me a little bit more excited about getting out there and spending time with them. We created a little sign for our handcart with our number 23 on it. We were supposed to do a stick figure of each of us in our group but the first few ended up looking a bit like aliens so we became the group "Area 23" and had a kind of pioneer alien theme.
Right before our meeting I got a call from my brother Jared asking for help because his wife was in the hospital with high blood pressure and would be there for at least a few days and I needed to help with their other 4 kids. So, after our trek meeting I took off for Saratoga Springs to spend the night and get the kids ready to head to my house for the next few days.
Monday, June 4th thru the rest of the week (that's how it goes sometimes)
This week became a blur for me once I had Jared and Casi's little rug rats. We had fun and played and enjoyed each other and found out that Casi was going to have a C-section on Tuesday morning to deliver their little 33 week old baby boy, Brigham. The kids stayed at our house until Wednesday when I took them to Casi's mom's house.
And here he is! Brigham Jared Wright was born on June 5th weighing 3 lbs. 4 oz and 16 inches long. He and Gabby were pretty close to the same size and weight. I had a bit of memories going through my head as all this was going on. He is doing pretty well and doesn't have any of the problems that they have been worried about since February (ie bad heart, short limbs, genetic issues, etc). Besides being small and early he is pretty perfect. We are glad he's here and that he and Casi are doing well.
The kids all remember Brigham in their prayers now. I guess the cat does too.


1 comment:
There's nothing better than having family around when you experience difficult situations. I'm glad Jared and Casi have you. And the cat praying picture is pretty dang cute (even if I don't particularly like cats). Ha ha.
Post a Comment