I am saying the title of this post with a sarcastic tone. Yesterday I took Bump back in to have the 4 nerves that are causing so much pain for him re-fried. They take these big long needles and put them into his spine in his neck right on top of very specific nerves and then they put electrical currents into those needles and burn the nerves. I am so glad it's not me!Because of the needles he is in a fair bit of pain for a few weeks, but then there is no pain for a few months, last time it lasted about 4 months. This procedure can only be done every 6 months and we were hoping it would last longer than that, but it didn't. At least after years of trying to figure out where the pain was coming from we now have an answer and a way to get rid of that pain. For all these things we are grateful.
Now we'll see if the new healthcare bill messes up what our insurance will or will not cover. It scares me to think about because it's not a cheap thing to go and do and luckily we have good insurance that helps.
For now, we are good. I thought I would share the picture he had them take during the procedure. He is facing forward, you can see his teeth. The needles are all in different spots in his spine. Kind of fun huh?
6 comments:
That is creepy!
Owie! I hurt just looking at it!! Thanks for sharing. We appreciate it.
ICK! That just hurts! Hope it works well for him and perhaps a little longer than last time.
eeeewwwww. So not fun.
What a trooper. Did he have these pains in high school? He was always so happy.
What a trooper. Did he have these pains in high school? He was always so happy.
Post a Comment