Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Swimming Lessons

This has been the craziest June weather that I can remember since living in Breckenridge Colorado where we were up above 10,000 feet and had a few snow showers in June. I love the rain, but I can't believe all the rain storms that we have been getting this June! So, for the past week all that the news has been showing is:
Every day is just more and more of this:
So what do I do when it is raining and nasty outside? We do this:
Notice the storm clouds in the background?

Swimming lessons started last Monday and will go through this Thursday. So far in the 7 days that we have had lessons it has been sunny on 2 of those and it wasn't sunny for long! The kids haven't minded too much. By the time we get home their lips are blue and they do a lot of shivering along the way, but still want to go back the next day.

I just have Gabby and Corban in lessons and Quincy gets to go play with a nursery friend in the ward for an hour each day. Everyone is happy.

6 comments:

janice said...

i say who cares if it's raining, your going to get wet swimming anyway! =)

NikkiAWardell said...

Swimming lessons in the rain sounds fun!! I always take my kids to an indoor pool for lessons because I am a wimp!! I'm sure they would love it though!

Tera said...

It looks like they are oblivious to the weather and having a wonderful time.

Tracy Collings said...

looks like fun to me!!

Anonymous said...

Dang, I haven't even thought about putting my preschoolers in swimming lessons. The rain is insane, but I guess it is better then a drought. I love how green my grass is.

Unknown said...

We have been getting tons and tons of rain too but yesterday and today it was so hot and humid I am wondering why I was complaining about the rain. lol I love the fun swimming pictures!!