Monday, January 21, 2008

Sickness

I just have to write a quick note to say that I hate having sick kids! I don't think I would mind winter half as bad if I didn't have to deal with slimy boogers, hacking coughs that aren't covered by little hands, and a never ending supply of ear infections.

Saturday night I took Quincy to the InstaCare because of a high fever and pulling on her ear, which has become quite common with her. Yes indeed, she is on her 5th ear infection and she is just 7 months old!! I think our next appointment will be with an ENT specialist to see about getting some tubes! Oh well!

Sorry about not keeping up, but it's not easy with coughing, whiny kids! It will get better, it always does.

****On an up-note (is that really a proper phrase??) I am loving my pass at the new Rec Center and have been doing water aerobics for the last few weeks. If anyone living around me wants to join me some evening I go at either 8 or 9 pm and the classes are Monday - Thursdays. I love it and it is helping me to work up to bigger and better things down the road. Maybe I might even learn to like running some day??? Who knows? I just hope it will help me to be healthier even while my kids are sick!

3 comments:

Tera said...

I think it's the season. My kids have all been sick too. It's not fun!

Way to go on the Water Aerobics. I wish I lived closer so I could go with you!

Tracy Collings said...

It does get better! They are only sick during their first 10 years of life. Just kidding. Hang in there Erin! You're great!
Tracy

Kristi said...

I so sympathize with you! When the kids are sick life isn't so fun. Whitney was also the queen of ear infections so I know your pain (and sleepless nights). Good luck!